At The Still Room, we have been providing people with natural skin solutions for over 15 years now (we worked out that’s over 30,000 hours of working with people, in person, at our skin studio! ) and over the years our holistic philosophies have become more and more refined.
Our philosophy is one of “right relationship” when helping you to resolve your skin concerns naturally.
That relationship can extend past what skincare products you are using into things like your diet, self-care, stress management and even the environment.
Tina offers one on one in person or online consultations, advanced skin treatments, aromatherapy massage and all grooming services.
“ Over the years I have learned to ‘read’ the skin as it tells me a story as to what is going on within the body. Our skin is the largest organ our body has and it can tell us an awful lot about the state of health and wellbeing of a client. Over time I learned to work holistically by offering a wide range of treatments (not just limited to topical skincare) designed to meet the needs of the body which then ultimately translates into great, healthy-looking skin. Our bodies are just so amazing and complex this is why I offer customised skincare and herbal remedies to my clients. Many of the medicinal herbs we use are grown, harvested and dried at our very own herbal distillery. Through this experience, we have learned to read the land and have come into a deeper understanding of the relationship between land care and health care. Our new motto ‘ love the land to love your skin ‘ is behind everything that we do ” Tina Dion, Holistic Beauty Therapist, Founder of The Still Room Holistic Skin
love the land to love your skin
Tina Dion, Holistic Beauty Therapist
- Diploma Beauty Therapy & Electrology – Beauty Therapy College Of New Zealand 1990
- Certificate Aroma Therapy – Aroma Flex, Nelson
- Certificate Aroma Science – Aroma Flex, Nelson
- Cert. Reiki I, II, III – Sonja Carlile
- Cert Reiki Master – Sonja Calile
- Certificate Senior Traditional Herbalist – Malcolm Harker, 2018
- Wayfinder Life Coach Training / Spring 2019 Cohort – Dr Martha Beck Institute
- Permaculture Design Certificate – Rainbow Valley Farms 2020, Trish Allen
- Certificate Herbal Medicine – Southern Institute of Medical Herbalists, 2021, Richard Whalen & Paul Bergner
POST GRADUATE / PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Advanced Skin Analysis – Pastiche, Flo Barrett 2009
- Cosmetic Chemistry – Pastiche, Flo Barrett 2010
- Wound Healing & Skin Repair – Pastiche Online, Oct 2020
- Advanced Dermal Needling Techniques – Paul Carbis 2020
- St Johns Firsts Aid Certificate – Current
ONGOING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Student Practitioner – Diploma Medical Herbalist
NZ Board of Professional Skin Therapists